Last Revised and Published February 16, 2021.
Effective as of February 16, 2021.
1. Introduction and Applicability
- when you visit, access and use www.amandadecadenet.com and/or any other website, application and/or other interactive services and products you also use that are offered and operated by Company (including, without limitation, the service known as the The Conversation Group, Inc. and/or other products and services made available via www.amandadecadenet.com) including any content, functionality and services offered on or through any of the foregoing (including, without limitation, support services) and/or other The Conversation Group-related products and services (collectively, “Site”);
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site; and/or
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- collected by a third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site; and/or
2. Children Under the Age of 16
The Site is offered to and available to users who are 18 years of age or older only. The Site is particularly not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from any child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: Team@Amandadecadenet.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site depending on your interaction with us, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through and/or interact with the Site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, Third-Party Services and/or other users of the Site.
4. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Site may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site including registration, profile, application and/or subscription related information (this includes (without limitation) information provided at the time of registering and/or applying to use the Site, subscribing and/or purchasing products and/or services made available via the Site and/or otherwise from Company, posting User Contributions and/or other material, completing online portfolios and profiles, contacting support services and/or requesting further services);
- information you provide to us when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our Site and/or contact us for support services and/or in connection with a copyright or privacy related inquiry and/or other service request;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us for any reason;
- your responses and feedback to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- information that you provide when you send, receive, or engage in communications through the Site (e.g., when you apply for jobs and/or respond for inquiries related to jobs);
- information that you provide to us while contacting us through the Site for sales-related purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders; and/or
- your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide User Contributions to be posted on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. This would include (without limitation) User Contributions that you make available in your personal profiles or portfolios, message boards, forums, bulletin boards, job boards, postings and applications, messages, and other interactive features, services or products made available via the Site. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please do not post any User Contributions (including, without limitation, any personal information) to your portfolio, profile and/or otherwise via the Site to the extent that you do not want such User Contributions publicly available.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources, features and functionality that you access and use on the Site; and/or
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including (without limitation) by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and/or
- recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons – Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information for our legitimate interests or our need to perform under contract to collect, store, use and process your information, as well as to comply with regulatory and legal obligations or to enforce our legal rights, including:
- To present and provide the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To meet and/or fulfill our legitimate interests including, without limitation, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. This includes, without limitation, using your information (such as your profile/portfolio and/or other information you have provided) to help others find your profile/portfolio (which may include those looking to hire), and enable others to invite you to apply to opportunities and/or to allow you to apply to opportunities.
- To provide you with notices and communicate with you about your account, including (without limitation) verification, expiration and renewal notices, as well as communications about the availability of the Site (and/or specific products or services), security and/or other service-related issues. We also enable communications between you and others using the Site including, for example, through a two-way email relay system that emails you when you are invited to apply to a job, or if you are company looking to hire, an email that a creative professional has applied to your job post.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection and to respond to your requests.
- To notify you about changes to the Site and/or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To investigate, respond to and resolve complaints, as well as respond to and provide service and customer support requests, and/or copyright-related or privacy-related requests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive products, services, features and functionality of the Site.
- In addition to advertising the Site, we use user’s data and content for invitations and communications promoting membership, subscription and network growth, engagement and the Site. Further, any User Contribution you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose including, without limitation, operating, marketing, promoting and improving the Site. We will attribute to you if we incorporate your content into a feature and/or function of the Site and/or into promotional or marketing materials.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; Access and Correcting Your Information). Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us, including information about your account, product and services purchases, support, security and legal notices.
We may also use your personal information for any other purpose with your consent. Please see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; Access and Correcting Your Information) for more information on how you can withdraw your consent to such uses of your personal data that rely on consent as a legal basis to process at any time.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Conversation Group, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Conversation Group, Inc. about Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- To the extent that you have an online profile/portfolio on the Site, you understand that your profile/portfolio is fully visible to other users of the Site. Additionally, you understand that your User Contributions are also fully visible to other users of the Site. To the extent that you have an online profile/portfolio on the Site, you understand that your profile/portfolio is fully visible to other users of the Site. Additionally, you understand that your User Contributions are also fully visible to other users of the Site.
Additionally, we may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Conversation Group, Inc., our customers, or others.
If we do not process your personal information in accordance with our legitimate interest or based on a contractual obligations we have with you, we may share or disclose your personal information with your consent.
We do not sell your information
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; Access and Correcting Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company – If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email at Team@Amandadecadenet.com stating you want to be removed from further promotional offers. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions and/or opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in the email. This opt out applies to promotional emails only and does not apply to other communications.
- California Privacy Rights – If you are a resident of California, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. Please See Section 13 (Privacy Notice for California Residents) below for more information.
- EU and Outside the US – Please see Section 14 (Information for Those in the EU and Outside the US) below for more information.
9. Third-Party Services
The Site may be linked to, rely on and/or be integrated with Third-Party Services and other websites, applications, interfaces, services and/or platforms operated by other companies. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites, applications, interfaces, services and platforms operated by third parties that are linked to, rely on and/or integrated with the Site or for the privacy practices of third-party companies. Additionally, we are not responsible for protecting any information shared with a third-party through your use of the Site (e.g., a third-party social networking platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), third-party payment processors (e.g., Stripe), etc.).
12. Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Section 12 (Privacy Notice for California Residents) applies to you only to the extent that you reside in the State of California and are a California resident. We adopt the notice set forth in this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number or IP address.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law, such as your gender and age.
- Commercial information, such as records of services and products purchased, obtained or considered.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history and/or information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Professional or employment related information, such as current or past job history.
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information, such as photos.
- Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e), such as name, address, telephone number, education and employment history.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above.
Under the CCPA, residents of California have the right to (subject to the applicable law) request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months including: categories of personal information that we collected and the sources of it; our business or commercial purposes for collecting that personal information; categories of third parties that we shared that personal information; and specific pieces of personal information that we collected. You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at Team@Amandadecadenet.com, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. Please note that some requests may require for us to verify your identity. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf, but to do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow such authorized agent to act on your behalf. Please note that the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”) from some its requirements including the deletion, access and data portability rights described in this section and therefore, we do not provide these rights to B2B personal information.
13. Information for Those in the EU and Outside the United States
14. Contact Information
Copyright © 2020 The Conversation Group, Inc.